Guess thats a NO!
Has anyone called AG to ask about Elizabeth? I ALWAYS have bad luck with them, but it would be interesting to see what they say about that picture from the survey, and get more info
Guess thats a NO!
I didn't call, but I did send an email and got the following reply, which is pretty much the same as someone else on the board received.
Here is what I wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am wondering if you could put to rest any rumors about the new doll, Elizabeth. I have heard she will have blond hair and blue eyes. Is this correct, and if so, why the decision to change her description from the illustrations in the book? And, if she is to be blond and blue-eyed, will the illustrations in the book change? Any information you could provide would be helpful. I am a long time collector -- since 1990 -- and I currently own all of the historical dolls and am excited to purchase Elizabeth when she is available. Also, I am so happy that Felicity is coming out of retirement! She has been greatly missed, and a new generation of girls will get a chance to learn about her and her stories.
Sincerely,
Anne Marie
And their reply:
Dear Anne Marie,
Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in The American Girls Collection?. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts about Felicity and the new Elizabeth doll. While we cannot respond to all of your questions, we can confirm that the Elizabeth doll features long blond hair and blue eyes. We made the decision to change Elizabeth's look simply to distinguish her from the Felicity doll. Our Product Development team found that Elizabeth in doll form was too similar in appearance to the red-brown haired Felicity doll. We decided to modify Elizabeth's hair and eye color in order to
create a stronger contrast between the two dolls, and also ensure that Elizabeth had her own distinct and appealing look.
We are excited to feature Felicity in our new television movie scheduled to air on The WB Network this fall. Although she was never retired, Felicity will be returning to our catalogue in September, when we will be introducing a selection of new movie-related items to her product line.
Again, thank you for your interest in American Girl dolls and related products. If we can provide further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sincerely,
American Girl? Customer Service
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, hmmm...., "movie-related" items, that could me re-releases or not. I'd love to see brand new items as well as some of her retired items come back!when we will be introducing a selection of new movie-related items to her product line.
Laurie
Thank you for posting that reply! I'd been wondering the same things.
Bookmarks